Monday, February 12, 2018

'Schwan's People You Need To Know'


Ferioli talks about the care that goes into serving customers


"Schwan's People You Need to Know" is an ongoing series of stories that share some of our employees' experiences as we celebrate our 65th anniversary and participate as a founding partner of the Minnesota Super Bowl 52 Host Committee

Ferioli
Feb. 12, 2018 — Since joining Schwan’s Company’s home-delivery business 15 years ago, Luis Ferioli has served at nearly every level of the company.

In 2002, Luis joined Schwan’s as a route sales representative in Pueblo, Colorado, for Schwan’s Home Service, Inc. After building routes and successfully serving customers for two years, Luis advanced quickly, leading teams at the facility, zone and division levels.

His success in those roles led to his current position as vice president of customer service, where he is responsible for leading initiatives that strengthen the company’s service culture in Schwan’s Home Service. Since joining, he and his team have contributed to projects that upgraded service technology and improved business processes.

“My team has a very important role with the company because everything we do impacts how we care for our customers,” Luis said.

Luis recently took some time to tell us about his years with Schwan’s Home Service, the passion he has for his career and some of his favorite Schwan’s® food.

Q: What are you passionate about in your job?

A: I enjoy working with people; but primarily, I enjoy helping people reach their goals. In my role, I’m able to do this by working closely with many teams, both in our corporate office and with field leaders who directly care for our customers every day.

Q: What’s your typical day like?

A: I spend a lot of time working with field teams and getting feedback on processes and opportunities we need to solve for. I travel to depots to visit with leaders. It is important to receive feedback on how everything is working or how we can improve existing processes.

Q: How have you grown throughout your career?

A: Leading authentically has been the foundation of growth. I’ve grown both personally and professionally through my years at Schwan’s. I can attribute this to the people who’ve pushed me out of my comfort zone and the projects that have challenged me.

Q: What’s your favorite memory in all the years you’ve worked here?

A: I have had many life-changing memories but having lunch with former chairman Alfred Schwan holds a very special place in my family’s heart. He made the effort to take my wife and new born son (now 12 years old) to lunch. Schwan’s has provided amazing opportunities for me and my family.

Q: Schwan’s was a founding partner of the Minnesota Super Bowl 52 Host Committee this year, which pro team are you hoping makes it to the Big Game next year?

A: Denver Broncos would be my pick, but I am starting to follow and support the Minnesota Vikings since we are now living in Minnesota.

Q: What is your favorite Schwan’s® food to serve at a Big Game viewing party?

A: Our Oven-Roasted Chicken Wings with BBQ Dry Rub Seasoning are excellent with our Special Recipe™ pizza (Pepperoni, Canadian bacon or Sausage and Pepperoni). Also, our Fully Cooked Ribs with BBQ Sauce are to die for.

Q: What’s your favorite Schwan’s product?

A: Tough question! Raspberry Rumble Ice Cream or Pecan Praline Sundae Cones.

Q: Do you have any recipes you are a master of that you would like to share?

A: I love our Mini Bow Tie Pasta with Summer Sausage. It’s a great summer dish!

Q: Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know about you.

A: I enjoy cooking Peruvian food. I grew up in Peru.

Q: Tell us something about your job that most people don’t know and might find interesting.

A: There was no incumbent for my role. The position is new to our organization as we look to establish a strong service culture. When I started my current role, most people thought that I was going to manage the contact center. We do partner with the consumer-care team every day to provide the highest level of care for our customers, but I do not manage that side of the business.

Q: What are you most proud of throughout your career at Schwan’s?

A: Helping the people that I have the pleasure of leading to achieve their personal and career goals.

Q: How would you describe the culture of our company?

A: We have a transparent culture that allows people to be themselves. We all have a seat at the table and building relationships matters at Schwan’s.

Q: What do you like about our culture?

A: I can be the same person at work that I am at home with my loved ones. Being who I am is important to me.

Q: What do our company’s vision and values mean to you?

A: Our values are foundational to the leader and human being that I aspire to be every day. They were the main reasons I joined the organization back in 2002. Marvin’s vision serves as guiding principle for our business drivers so we can stay focused on his direction.

Popular Posts